Tue 20 Feb 2007
Top Ways of Turning Land Into Wealth
In this era of diminishing supply of land and an ever-increasing demand for it, being a landowner is considered the ultimate. Investing in land is considered to be the best investment because it is a ‘no loss, only profit' investment. It is a proven fact that the demand for land has been increasing and outperforms even the stockmarket as a financial instrument.
How To Make Your Land Investment The Best Investment
There are countless ways to make a profit from your land investment. Here are seven of them:
- If you are more of a cautious investor, purchase land at a discounted price and immediately sell it for a profit. The important points to keep in mind are the identification of a good source and selling to a ready buyer.
- If you are more of a speculative investor, then after purchasing land, you should wait for some time, for the price to increase - then sell it.
- If you are an investor who is more into doubling the value of the property, then after purchasing land, wait for the prices to increase and develop the property. For a more profitable transaction, develop the property along the current trends. For example, if the surrounding area is commercially developed, then plan on the construction of a shopping complex, instead of a residence.
- If you have purchased land as insurance, then you should build a home on it and allow your children to benefit from it.
- If you are interested in short-term benefits, then use it to generate finance and lend it to someone else. You can then earn a short-term monthly income in the form of the interest.
- If you want to go for long-term income, you could build a house on your land and rent it out. This requires a capital and a lot of patience, but the end result is definitely worth it.
- Finally, everyone knows that land is a limited resource and owning a limited resource automatically attracts lucrative offers.