Thu 19 Jul 2007
This question seems to be asked quite often by small business owners. A few years earlier, no one seemed to face this problem, as back then, the Internet was only an information-related interface. As times have changed, so has the Internet — it is now one of the most important marketing resources on the planet.
Given below are some basic tips to help you grow your e-mail marketing list:
- Conversion technique. Using this tactic will definitely boost your email list. The trick is to convert your website visitors into potential customers. Try to attract them by offering a free newsletter subscription in exchange for their contact information.
- Try hosting competitions. This method is fool-proof, as it ensures that visitors will get back to you. Most web surfers love interactive competitions, and love getting freebies. If you can put together a contest with an attractive prize, your email list will be the richer for it!
- Make use of pop-up ads. A pop-up ad is bound to catch viewers' attention. Use these ads to compel visitors sign up for newsletters. Make sure that any pop-ups show before visitors leave your site.
- Develop partnerships with other sites. This is one of the classic business moves - if you can't beat ‘em, join ‘em! This way, you can post ads advertising your business on their sites.
- Make the procedure short. When you want your visitors to subscribe to your newsletters, keep the details form short. No one wants to spend 10 minutes filling out a form. On the Internet, the shorter, the better.
These simple and effective tips can help you grow your e-mail marketing list, but the most important tip is to respect your visitors and their privacy. Remember that they are your customers.