Thu 1 Nov 2007
Advantages Of Forming Strategic Business Alliances
When two or more businesses that are not in direct competition and have similar products and services directed towards the same target market join together, a strategic business alliance is formed.
For small business owners, forming strategic alliances can be crucial to marketing success.
Forming A Strategic Alliance Can Have Many Advantages:
- If you join with another business to form a strategic alliance, you will be able to offer a much greater variety of products to your customers.
- Another advantage is that you will have to spend much less time and resources in developing new products for sale.
- Your business will have access to a greater number of sales people when the sales forces of both organizations combine. This will save a lot of time and money that would otherwise be spent in hiring and training new employees.
- Marketing and advertising expenses will be greatly reduced with both businesses sharing the costs involved.
- With more to sell, the sales volumes and profits of both businesses will rise to higher levels.
- There will also be substantial gain in knowledge and experience, as a larger number of people with greater diversity in skills will be working together to complement each other's work.
- Your client base will expand by combining the customers of both organizations. The new organization will be able to sell to a much larger target market, which will help beat the competition. By complementary endorsements from your alliance partners, your business will gain more credibility and will gain the trust more customers who will be willing to buy your products and services.
When it comes to business, no man is an island. Take this advice to heart and look for similar small businesses to form alliances with.