Wed 7 Nov 2007
Today there is an abundance of similar products and services on the market. The situation demands that you as a small business owner find creative ways to approach prospective customers and stand out as being unique and different from other companies.
This in no way means that you have to be associated with gimmicky ideas; it means looking at what you can do to differentiate your business.
Here are some tips that can help you unlock your creativity and attain excellence in sales.
- Don't be afraid to take risks — Try to do old things in a new way. Talk to new people. Think new thoughts and read new books.
- Make a weekly idea quota — Resolve to come up with a specific number of new ideas to improve your business each week and put them on record. Review them later and put the best ones into practice.
- Reduce stress — Stress kills creativity. A mind under tension cannot generate creative ideas. Learn to manage stress and you will find your creativity soaring.
- Form a ‘mindlink' — To unleash your creativity in sales, form a brainstorming group of like-minded business owners and discuss your challenges. You will find that you can effectively use the creativity and mind power of others to help you attain your goals.
- Make a habit of taking a daily retreat — Take out time in the middle of your busy daily routine, even for just ten minutes, to blow off steam and share some light moments with a colleague. This will bring about a drastic improvement in the quality of your thoughts.
Your small business' success depends a great deal on your ability to sell your ideas to others. By putting the tips above into practice, you can ensure that your business reaches its full potential!