Fri 6 Feb 2009
How to Make Sure Your eBook Sells
So you've written a great ebook. The hard work is done, right? Wrong!
For many small business owners, getting the ebook to sell is the most difficult part. Here's how to do it - and gain more customers in the process!
These days, people check out products before they buy them. This goes double for anything sold over the Internet.
Make sure you have some good testimonials about your ebook that you can include on your sales page. If you have to, give away a few copies for free - it will be worth it in the long run.
By the way, your testimonials need to be authentic. NEVER fake a testimonial.
Do you know how much competition there is on the Internet when it comes to selling ebooks? A LOT.
If you can, write a few articles relating to the subject of your ebook. You can offer these for free as an incentive for prospective customers to buy.
Almost all electronic products sold on the Internet offer incentives like this - and you will be hard-pressed to make a sale without one.
Here are a few more tips for selling your e-book:
- Offer an iron-clad, money-back guarantee.
- Promote your business expertise as a reason for customers to purchase your ebook.
- Avoid the use of funky, hard-to-read fonts. Times New Roman may be fine for research papers, but online, fonts like Verdana read the best.
- Make sure you have a few different ways that customers can receive the ebook. Make it available via downloading or through email.
- Don't forget to offer the book in a variety of different formats - PDF Files, Word Document, etc.
Follow the above tips, and your ebook will be a great success!