Mon 22 Mar 2010
See how our sister site, MailerMailer, conducts their annual business planning meeting every January. Highlights:
- Create a list of accomplishments and shortcomings of the prior year.
- Review company values to make sure new goals are in line with what is important to us.
- Discuss opportunities, competition, industry direction and other items to come up with key goals.
- Assign difficulty level and priority for each to determine which ones go to the top of the list.
- Create a spreadsheet for each quarter that lists each goal and who is responsible for working on it.
- Meet regularly throughout the year to make sure you are on track to meet each milestone and to adjust your plan as necessary.